Subscribe:

Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Christmas Worship Song

Contemporary worship leaders know what an awkward shift is made at Christmas - going from singing Here I Am to Worship to God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

Christmas carols, like hymns, are usually ABOUT God. They don't help us sing TO God like worship songs do.

UK worship leader Tim Light and I have written a Christmas worship song, I Adore You, that you can add to any Christmas praise set. It's easy to learn and sing, and will help move your Christmas worship in a vertical (singing TO God) direction. Try adding it to the end of your Christmas praise sets.

Coming soon will be a Christmas Service Ideas guide, with song, service and sermon ideas that will help you craft meaningful worship experiences based on the verses of I Adore You.

Download a free chord chart and MP3 of I Adore You at IAdoreYou.net.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don,

I/we of the Worship Team at our church recommend that you continue to promote your song "A Light Has Dawned". This great little song has become a seasonal favorite at our church for the last two years and we plan to use it several times again this coming Advent.

Thank you for being available to God.

Christ Community Church
Richmond, VA

Anonymous said...

I agree with Christ Community Church. We have used "A Light Has Dawned" the past two years and it never fails to get the team pumped up. This is a Lutheran Church with a 2 yr + old Contemporary service so I'm hoping this year(3rd Christmas) I'll see the congregation feeling familiar with it as we sing it with gusto!
Thanks for sharing your songs with us.
Grace Lutheran Church
Tampa, Florida